Sugar Land Town Center Facelift
I have been fortunate enough to call Sugar Land home for the past 12+ years. My family and I love being outside and one of the places we frequent is Sugar Land Town Center. It is hard to believe that the main plaza was originally completed in 2003 and I am excited to hear that a $1.5 million upgrade is scheduled to complete in June 2018.
According to the Houston Chronicle, the plaza will be getting the following updates:
- Elevated wooden decks with picnic table seating
- Free outdoor Wi-Fi
- Charging stations
- Improved lighting
- A new bridge crossing the fountain area
- A large canopy structure to provide more shade
- Artificial turf to replace the current grass
- A heat reflective coating and advanced U.V. inhibitors to reduce surface temperatures
”We wanted to create a space where people can sit down and have lunch during the week or bring their laptop and work outdoors.Les A. NewtonPresident of Planned Community Developers, Ltd.
With 270 events hosted in the 1.1 acre plaza last year and 150,000 attendees, I know this facelift will be a welcomed enhancement. I am excited about the changes and will be watching for the updates in the months ahead.
You can read the full article by Kristi Nix at the Houston Chronicle